Invisible World Womens 100% Mulberry Silk Scarf Long Hand Painted Floral
- Unique Textile Art; Hand painted by 2nd generation painters with French dyes; Edge is rolled and stitched by hand
- Hand Wash Only
- Easy care: hand wash, air dry; Colors will not run or fade
- Translucent lightweight silk; comfortable summer or winter
- Long rectangle shape with hand-rolled edge; Makes the perfect neck scarf. Measures 55″ by 16.5″ (140 x 42cm)
- A luxurious gift for women; Comes with an attractive card explaining the history of silk and how the silk scarf is made.
Sold：268 Wished: 25 Followed: 58
Painstakingly Crafted One Brushstroke At A Time
Invisible World Hand Painted Scarves never see the inside of a factory. They are created one a time in a small workshop using brushes and silk dyes.
Experience The Magic of Hand-Made, One-of-a-kind Art
- Our scarves are made by a family of silk painters in Suzhou, China. Famous for silk since the Han Dynasty 2000 years ago.
- Every scarf begins as a piece of translucent white Habutai silk.
- The outlines are hand-applied in a waterproof resist, and then the silk dyes are painted one brushstroke at a time.
- The scarf is steamed to set the dyes, then washed in water.
- Finally, the edges are rolled and stitched by hand.
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR BIRTHDAYS, MOTHER’S DAY OR ANY OCCASION.
Invisible World Hand Painted Silk Scarves: A Precious gift of Lasting Value
CARING FOR YOUR SILK SCARF
Invisible World Dyes are completely fast and will not run or discolor. It will last you decades if properly cared for.
- Wash in cold water with a mild shampoo or no detergent at all.
- At first washing, the water may discolor slightly, but the scarf will remain unchanged.
- Do not rub the scarf hard when it is wet.
- Hang the scarf in the shade to dry, then iron with steam.
- When in doubt, dry-clean.
ANCIENT SILK’S ENDURING VALUE
- Sericulture in China dates back more than 6000 years.
- Silk is the strongest natural fiber:it is stronger than steel by weight.
- Silk cocoons are a single filament up to 3000 feet long. It takes six or seven of these filaments to make a single silk thread.
- Always a precious gift: Silk was traded between China and the Roman Empire along the Silk Road. It was more expensive than gold.
WE SOURCE FROM THE BEST SUPPLIERS
Since 1985 we have scoured the globe for the best in wool, silk, alpaca and cashmere.
Headquartered in Juneau, Alaska, we have gone from Inner Mongolia to Uruguay to source the finest hand-made apparel.
There are no reviews yet.